Taylor's QAC & Polyquat Test Kits (K-1582)
Drop test for high QAC & polyquat levels (using direct neutralization); 1 drop = 10 or 25 ppm QAC, 1 drop = 3.5 or 9 ppm polyquat.Full details about this product are available on page 39 of our Industrial Catalogue.Download Industrial Catalogue
Quaternary ammonium compounds, often referred to as "quats" and appreviated as QAC, and their structurally longer cousins the polyquats are nonoxidizing biocides.
In commercial and industrial water treatment programs they are widely used to control algae, bacteria, and fungi in open recirculating water systems (e.g. cooling towers and evaporative condensers). They interfere with cell membrane function, which eventually causes the organism to die. These surface-active chemicals may be used in combination with other microbial control agents, such as chlorine.
Determination is based upon direct neutralization of the QAC or polyquat.
- Titrations do not require the ability to match colours, only the ability to see the permanent colour change at the endpoint of the reaction.
- These tests kits are practical for both on- and off-site testing.
- Test kits come complete with all necessary reagents and equipment.
- Waterproof instructions are printed on plastic-impregnated paper that resists fading and tearing.
- Colour coding of reagent caps to instructions helps prevent mishaps.
- Picture guides to colour transitions in the test reassure new users.
- Custom-molded, durable plastic cases provide safe storage for all tests.
- Proven chemistries are based on Standard Methods for the Examination of Water and Wastewater, APHA, Washington, DC, and/or American Society for Testing and Materials, ASTM, Philadelphia, PA. Some methods use proprietary chemistry developed by Taylor Technologies.