Lowry & Associates, a Div. of Chem-Aquascience, Inc. (hereinafter referred to as Lowry & Associates) is covered by the Personal Information Protection And Electronics Documents Act, which governs how an individual's personal information is collected, stored, used and disclosed. Lowry & Associates must obtain an individual's consent when collecting, using or disclosing the individual's personal information. Individuals have the right to access their personal information held by an organization and to challenge its accuracy, if need be. Personal information can only be used for the purposes for which it was collected. If an organization is going to use it for another purpose, consent must be obtained again. Personal information includes any of the following about an identifiable company or individual including but not limited to: company name, contact names, address, phone and fax numbers, credit card numbers, Provincial Sales Tax (PST) exemption numbers.
- Information that is publicly available, such as a person's name, address, telephone number and electronic address, when listed in a directory or made available through directory assistance;
- Business-contact information, such as the name, title or business address or telephone number of an employee of an organization.
Lowry & Associates collects and stores any information that you, as a customer, provide us in order to complete an inquiry, process an order, or respond to a request for information about a product or service offered by Lowry & Associates. If you request that product or services be delivered to an end user customer, Lowry & Associates collects that information to process your request at that time and in the future.
As an individual, you have the right to access your personal information and request changes, if required. It is your legal right to choose not to provide Lowry & Associates with some or all of your personal information, or to deny us the use or disclosure of your information for certain purposes. Should you exercise this right, Lowry & Associates will not unreasonably withhold requested products and/or services; however, certain information must be provided in order to supply products or services. By providing your consent for us to collect, use and disclose your personal information, Lowry & Associates can better provide you with personalized services, products and product information.
Limit Use, Disclosure And Retention of Personal Information
Lowry & Associates will only disclose the personal information with your express consent, unless:
- Releasing such information is otherwise required by applicable law, statute, regulation, ordinance, or court order or
- Lowry & Associates has reason to believe that disclosing such information is necessary to identify, contact, or bring legal action against someone who may be causing injury to or interference with (either intentionally or unintentionally) Lowry & Associates rights or property, or anyone else that could be harmed by such activities.
The Privacy Officer can be reached at:
The Privacy Officer
Lowry & Associates – Div. of Chem-Aquascience, Inc.
4-1151 Gorham Street
Customers may access their information by completing a Request for Personal Information form and submitting the same to the Privacy Officer at Lowry & Associates Requests must be in writing with appropriate identification provided.
Handling Complaints and Questions
Lowry & Associates will investigate all complaints and if it finds a complaint justified will try to resolve it. If necessary Lowry & Associates will take appropriate measures to ensure that other customers will not experience the same problem. If a customer is not satisfied with the way Lowry & Associates has responded to a complaint concerning their personal information, there are a variety of resources available for pursuing the customers concerns. If a customer is not satisfied that Lowry & Associates is operating in compliance with the requirements of this code, the customer may file a written complaint with the Commissioner at the following address:
Federal Privacy Commissioner
112 Kent St.
Toll Free: 1-800-282-1376
Website Privacy Details
We believe that your personal information deserves protection. While you can visit lowryassociates.ca (the “Web Site”) without registering or providing any personal information, you will need to register if you want to make a purchase. (As noted in the Legal Statement on the Web Site, except where stated otherwise, the term " Lowry & Associates " used on the Web Site shall be deemed to include Lowry & Associates , and their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, successors and assigns.)
What does Lowry & Associates use your personal information for?
Does Lowry & Associates use “Cookies”?
Does Lowry & Associates disclose personal customer information to anyone other than Lowry & Associates?
- To build your account with Lowry & Associates. To process your orders. To personalize the delivery of contents to you. In addition, we require some information (your name and e-mail address) when you submit a Reader Review. These reviews are accessible to all site visitors - if you don't want your comments to be viewed by all visitors, don't submit them. Lowry & Associates reserves the right to edit or remove any Reviews that are deemed, in our sole discretion, to be offensive, illegal, or inappropriate in any way for the Web Site. Lowry & Associates also reserves the right to remove any submissions that it deems to be off-topic.
- Lowry & Associates may also use personal account information and data collected through your personal identification to generate statistics and aggregate reports for internal use and for sharing with affiliates, subsidiaries, licensees, successors and advertisers. These statistics and aggregate reports will not contain any personally identifiable information. Your identity is kept anonymous.
- Users' non-aggregated specific personal information is not currently sold, rented or made available to anyone other than Lowry & Associates , but we may decide to do so in the future. If this were to happen, Lowry & Associates would announce such a plan and ask you to "opt in". By default, we'd assume that you don't want in - if you wanted to share your personal information, you would have to respond. In the absence of such a response, your information would not be shared with anyone other than Lowry & Associates.
- Lowry & Associates reserves the right to co-operate with local, provincial and national officials in any investigation requiring either personal information -- including any personal information provided online through lowryassociates.ca -- or reports about lawful or unlawful user activities on the Web Site.